Who knew, when we pulled into the suburban neighborhood that Chris’ parents live in, we’d get to hang out with chickens?
It turns out our ‘temporary’ s&b neighbors decided to take out their playground and replace it with a chicken coop. How fun!!!
I absolutely loved hanging out in their backyard, watching Daisy and Minnie hunt for tasty vitals in the grass.
I loved hearing their soft clucking! Right then and there I decided;
- Chickens are awesome!
- We are definitely going to have a bunch of chickens on the ranch!
- Chicken poop is super gross.
But the hands down best part is the eggs. They are like little delicious presents the chickens deliver daily.
So when our neighbors asked us to Chicken Sit in exchange for the eggs, I was giddy with anticipation.
These eggs are so rich and flavorful and so blissfully free!
Chicken sitting was actually quite easy. Here are the steps if you are ever asked:
- Open the chicken coop in the morning.
- Check for eggs
- Close the chicken coop at sunset
- Sing the Chickens a lullabye (Tonia says this step is vital if you want yummy eggs)Click here to listen to Tonia’s official Chicken Lullabye Jan_11_2013-001.m4aBesides the poop, I see very little cons to having backyards chickens…They even make great chicks for double dates!No chickens were harmed in the making of this blog post.