This could also be titled, “don’t ride an at 9000 ft, unless you know what the heck you’re doing”.
As you may or may not now, I am writing this with a broken wrist.
Due to my lack of typing ability and keeping in the spirit of this epic adventure, I decided to put this in comic book form.
I hope you enjoy it, and pay special attention to the safety tips at the end.
- Be very familiar and well trained on any motorized equipment before you head out on a trail.
- Make sure someone knows where you are going.
- Take a picture of each trailhead.
- Be sure to sign in at the Rangers log and program the Rangers phone number into your phone at that time.
- Have a GPS application on your device before you head out. (See pic above)
- Wear all available safety equipment!!!!
- Bring a small first aid kit along with you.
- Make sure you always know where you are so you can tell first responders.
- Never go out alone!
A huge debt of gratitude is owed to:
Our friends, the Livingston Family and the Hartog Family who sent their men to retrieve the ATV we had to leave behind and made us delicious treats while helping out with the kids.
To Chris’ parents and grandmother, who made it possible for us to return to Florida for surgery and who continue to nurse me back to health.
And to the countless people who have been praying for us through this entire ordeal.