If you’ve ever come across a low clearance, then you know that sinking feeling you get when you realize you’ll need to cross your fingers and hope you can “squeeze” under, or figure out a detour. This week, we’re joined by Jon Mills from LowClearances.com on tips to avoid this costly trip expense.
The journey in any RV has its challenges, and those terrible accidents we often see or hear about unfortunately don’t just happen to other people. Of course we never set out to be complacent, but sometimes events just unravel in a way you can never predict.
In our experience we have seen too many times how a loss of concentration, a simple distraction, or a
combination of unexpected bad weather and a forced diversion has resulted in disaster. This is especially true at night, so please don’t let this happen to you.
To help combat this problem, LowClearances.com created ‘Route-1’. Route-1 is a Low Clearance Avoidance System, with a highly accurate Points of Interest (POI) database designed specifically to integrate with your navigation system.
Because Route-1 includes alerts on and off the major routes, it’s perfect for RV drivers. It covers a wide range of heights from as low as 5’6″ all the way up to 15’11” under railroad bridges, overpasses, & pedestrian walkways. The database also has alerts for covered bridges, truss bridges, and even tunnels. So by using Route-1, you will significantly reduce the chances of hitting a low bridge, improve your safety, and be able to relax and enjoy your drive so much more.
The Route-1 database is huge (More than 5000 for USA, & over 750 for Canada)
Our research has uncovered:
- There are an estimated 5,000 low hazard collisions in the USA each year causing over 100 million
dollars’ worth of damage to public and personal property.
- Every year there are approximately 1000 injuries and 5 fatalities in strike incidents, not to mention
that the fines for damaging a bridge are huge.
- There are still too many unmarked low clearances out there, and many signs have become too dirty, obscured or faded to read properly, particularly at night or in heavy rain, snow, mist or fog.
- No matter how rigorously you plan your journey even the most experienced drivers can get caught
out, especially after a diversion when you’re likely to be distracted.
- Dealing with the aftermath of a big accident is one of the biggest stresses a driver can face.
1. Ease of use . It can be used while you’re driving whereas truckers atlases cannot. It also has custom designed POI symbols to give higher clarity allowing you to make decisions faster.
2. Sheer size . The POI database is by far the largest available. In addition to the major routes, it covers towns, cities, and rural areas. Other databases cover the major routes only.
3. Personal customization. Set it to suit the height of your vehicle, and adjust the audio alert to sound at any distance you choose.
4. Versatility .It can be used as a warning system while you’re on the move, and as an avoidance tool when planning your route. Particularly important to those still unfamiliar with their vehicle, or RVers who rent.
5. High accuracy . Our location coordinates and clearance heights are checked using several different resources to ensure peak precision.
. Can be used with most GPS and mapping systems.
7. Up-to-date information You get regular delivery of our latest database of new locations, height modifications, or deletions. We are notified of any changes from many different sources including our driver community which we then confirm.
8. User friendliness . Simple and clear download and installation instructions to get you up and running as quickly as possible. With online customer support.
9. Convenience . Member’s page providing you with a practical way to access your downloads, updates, and more.
10. Pure value. Any smart driver shouldn’t be without it.
So to summarize, you will get the biggest, most accurate low clearance databases for USA & Canada ever created . More than 5000 locations across the US. (Over 750 for Canada.)
Route optimization to save time and fuel ,clear audible and visual alerts , increased driver confidence and reduced stress . The ability to plan safer routes , customizable settings to the height of your vehicle . Simple installation instructions . Regular updates to the database . As you can see, ‘Route-1′ is an essential tool for all RV drivers.
So to find out more, visit http://www.lowclearances.com and get your copy now.